High Quality on Youtube
Make Video Tutorials Easily
Howto Dispute Copyright Claims
See all 3 posts
Youtube Tips RSS
video tutorials (123)
funny pictures (41)
amazing videos (27)
hilarious videos (26)
amazing pictures (21)
php tutorials (8)
computer tricks (7)
personal updates (6)
cat videos (5)
youtube tips (3)
fake news (2)
Best of Internet
Streaming Anime Episodes
Free Video Tutorials
Best of Youtube
MP3s From Google
Free Online Education
Funny Pictures Blog
Video Game Sheet Music
Free Movies Online
|Make Video Tutorials Easily Posted on Tuesday, February 26 2008|
I've made 120+ free video tutorials on youtube all using free software. I have over 20,000 subscribers, and I'm now youtube partner. Here's what I use, and how you can do it too.
Screen Capture Videos Free with Camstudio
My prefered screen recorder is camstudio. It works on Windows, and Linux if using Wine. Here's a video tutorial on how to use it.
- Recommended Video Codecs
- FFDshow Tryouts
- Recommended Audio Codecs
- Fraunhofer Radium MP3 codec
- Known Issues
- The audio and video length are slightly off. To fix, use a video editor to cut the last few frames from the video and save again. This only is a problem when combining multiple videos. The sync will be off.
- Not a Glitch
- Cannot screen record games or videos playing in media players. Camstudio is not a half-assed dvd to avi creator. Any program using using hardware acceleration "rendering" the screen will not work. read this. Use fraps to screencapture games.
- Camstudio is slow: Lower your framerate or don't record fullscreen at super big resolutions. A video is basically 30 pictures per second + the time the codec takes to encode it.
- Recommended Recording Settings for Youtube
- Go to Options -> enable autopan.
- Set Autopan Speed to 80.
- Audio Options
- Audio: PCM, 44.1 kHz, mono, 16-bit
- Final Audio after editing: MP3, 64kbps @ 22,050hz mono Abr or VBR
- Video Options
- Capture Frames every 33 milliseconds
- Playback rate 30 frames per second
- Video: xvid or divx at 256 or higher bitrate
- Virtualdub: Does not have a feature similar to autopan. Movement is smooth, which is a bad thing as far as the codec is concerned.
- Hypercam: Same as camstudio, but costs money.
- Camtasia: Tons of features, costs assloads of money. Autopan waaayy too friggin slow. Tries to be a video editor and screencapture at the same time, making it kinda bloated.
Don't look for hacks or serials for the lastest versions. Even though I could buy commercial software camstudio works fine.
Edit your Videos Free with Virtualdub
You will FAIL
Sorry as a new user to virtualdub your will fail at the following tasks. I've created a bunch of my own virtualdub tutorials on how to do various things.
- Attaching videos together
- Adding multiple audio tracks
- Transitioning frames
- Adding Pictures or stillframes to your video
- Getting your videos to be small filesize
- Trying to edit mp4, mkv, mov, wmv, 3gp.
- Trying to add mp3 audio
Virtualdub FAQ and Documentation:[VirtualDub] *** FAQ *** <11/10/2003> - Doom9's Forum
Unofficial VirtualDub Support Forums -> Heri' S Virtualdub F
Documentation - virtualdub.org
Unofficial VirtualDub Support Forums (Powered by Invision Power
Unofficial VirtualDub Support Forums -> Virtualdub FAQ
Tags: camtasia vs camstudio, camstudio vs hypercam, hypercam vs virtualdub, virtualdub vs avidemux, windows movie maker vs virtualdub vs avidemux, free screenrecording software, screencaptures, youtube guide, youtube recommended settings
More OMFG-Good LinksSee all Posts in the Funny Pictures category.
Download mp3s faster than limewire using google.
I've made 100+ free video tutorials.
See the best of the internet today on one page.